The primary objective of Rocky Mountain EAP will be to offer an Employee Assistance Program that is designed to:
- Assist in retaining valuable employees.
- Reduce absenteeism, tardiness, and accidents that may result from employee’s personal issues that impact their performance.
- Assist employees in restoring and maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Quickly identify and respond to employee and dependent personal problems/issues.
- Improve management’s ability to recognize and respond decisively to employee issues that impact performance.
- Provide a means for employees and their families to receive assistance in a crisis or when personal problems interfere with their performance and/or quality of life
- Reduce overall health care costs.
Historically, alcohol and drug abuse by employees has been the focal point of EAP’s. Today, however; a “broadbrush” approach is commonly used. Any problem that makes it difficult for an employee to function effectively, either on or off the job, may be appropriately addressed by means of an EAP. This “broadbrush” approach allows employees with problems to be reached at the earliest possible time.
A number of program options are available. All program models emphasize prevention and early intervention…”helping people help themselves.”